Mercy Ships

Mercy Ships
The largest NGO hospital ship in the world providing free medical care to the forgotten poor

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy New Year's & My Plans for 2017-18


Photo Composition: Brian Blackburn

Happy 2017!

The new year always gets me reflecting on life and what God has been teaching me. 2016 was a year of growing in confidence and joy in who I am and in the life that I have. My big news is that I have decided to extend my commitment with Mercy Ships. So I will stay for a 3rd year and travel with the ship to Cameroon. 

Living on the ship is a good fit for me; I love the community and the work that we do. Teaching and being head of high school keeps me very busy, but I still find time to get off the ship and explore the interesting places where I live.  I am especially grateful to live overseas and experience a widening of my perspective as I live and work with people from 35+ other nations. By staying for a third year I can provide leadership in the Academy in the upcoming transition. Our current principal will finish his service at the end of this school year. So next year we will have several new teachers as well as a brand new principal. With so much transition I can provide some continuity as head of junior high/high school. 

Since I am extending my commitment, I need to raise money for living expenses for an additional year. I currently have my expenses covered through the end of this school year, so any money that is donated now will be put toward my third year.  I will need to raise about $10-12,000. If you are interested in being a part of the ministry of Mercy Ships through supporting me, you can give online here.

I continued to be amazed by the generosity of the body of Christ around the world and God's provision for me financially.  It's weird working full-time with no salary of any kind. But I have everything I need. When I first considered volunteering with Mercy Ships the thought of raising support almost kept me from applying.  But this journey has only been a positive experience. Thank you to all of you who have been a part of that. And thank you in advance for those of you whose gifts will enable me to continue this work a little bit longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment