Mercy Ships

Mercy Ships
The largest NGO hospital ship in the world providing free medical care to the forgotten poor

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pi Day Fundraiser

As you may know, pi day (March 14) is fast approaching. This year's day will be epic for 2 reasons.

  1. It is the year 2015 making the date 3/14/15 which are the first 5 digits of pi.
  2. I will be reciting the digits of pi from memory as a fundraiser.  My friend, Bits, has graciously offered her home (and her birthday party!) as an opportunity for the recitation!  We will be filming and posting the event online.  If you would like to participate in the fundraiser, you can pledge a small amount per digit.  My goal is to get to at least 250 digits. 
This was not my idea, by the way. My friends came up with this crazy idea.  They know me well; some people run marathons, but I prefer the more brainy side of life. Who knew my weird talent of memorizing long strings of numbers would be put to use!  If you want to pledge, you can sign up here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment