Mercy Ships

Mercy Ships
The largest NGO hospital ship in the world providing free medical care to the forgotten poor

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Burning Questions

If you were moving to Africa, what would you want to know before you left? Here are my burning questions, in no particular order...


  1. How cold is it on the ship? Is it hot like the outside temperatures? It is air conditioned cold? How cold? Will I want to wear pants and sweaters? Or skirts and short sleeves? How will I know what to pack? 
  2. Will there be milk? I am considering packing multiple boxes of grape-nuts. Probably not a good idea if there will be no milk to pour on top of them.
I thought I had a lot of burning questions, but I can't think of any others.  You would think my questions might be more meaningful like, "Will I make friends? or "What teaching supplies will I have?"  But no, temperature and cereal are my greatest concerns. So from this blog post you can clearly see that a) I am addicted to cereal and b) I have temperature anxiety (which I don't think is a real disorder, but should be, because I have it!)

When I started this blog I assumed only people I knew would want to read it.  But since I don't know 1000 people, I guess there are other people reading this too. So for those of you who don't know me, I just want to say that I am not as weird as this blog post makes me sound. 

2 comments:

  1. Nope. Every once in a while you're weirder. <3
    Is there anyone at MercyShips you can ask about these things?

    ReplyDelete